*IMPORTANT* Please install the Genesis Framework FIRST, BEFORE you install the theme. As Genesis is the parent theme, the child theme will not activate without it.
- As mentioned in the last module, if you haven’t already, go to your computer folders and locate the ‘Unzip this first’ file that you downloaded.
- Unzip the file by right-clicking on the zip file and choosing “Extract All” or “Unzip”.
2. After it’s unzipped you should see the following files:
- Step 1 Read This.pdf
- Step 2 – Install Genesis (Genesis is inside this folder)
- Step 3 – Install “Theme Name” (Your theme is inside this folder)
- The Bonus Resources (Your brand kit logos & other resources are in here)
3. Locate the Genesis file in the Step 2 folder, and upload it to your website via Appearance-Themes
4. Next click on “Add New” at the top of your page then click on “Upload Theme”.
5. Once the Genesis Framework is installed, repeat these steps to install your child theme, located in the Step 3 folder. Click on “Install Now” then click on “Activate”.