What’s a widget? A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function and was originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of a WordPress theme to the customer.
All Sugar+Code themes are designed with tons of widget areas for you to have maximum options!
But if you don’t wish to display anything in that particular area, just leave that widget area blank and nothing will apear there.
1. With all your plugins installed go to “Appearance” > “Widgets”
2. Drag and drop the widgets you want to use in the widget areas you want them to appear in.
With that being said, the quickest easiest way to get set up quickly is to import the demo’s widgets.
1. With all your recommended plugins installed, navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New”
2. Search for “Widget Importer & Exporter” and Install and activate the plugin
3. Navigate to “Tools” > “Widget Importer & Exporter” and click “Choose File” to upload your theme’s .wie file.