It’s up to you if you would like to import the theme’s demo widget settings or not. Importing will quickly add all the theme’s sample content that appears in the widgets, as it does in the theme demo.
IMPORTANT Please make sure to install all recommended plugins as well as making sure your theme and Genesis are updated to the latest version.
1. Make sure all recommended plugins are installed and activated before beginning the import in order to capture all settings.
Install the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin and then go to Tools > Import & Export Widgets
2. Follow the prompts to the page where it asks you to upload an .wie file. You will find thsi file inside your main theme folder, under:
Theme Name > Sample > widget-sample.wie
If you aren’t sure how to locate it, you can also download it here:
3. Upload the widget-sample.wie file
Your widget settings will now be installed!
1) If you receive the error “You must upload a .wie file generated by this plugin” before being able to upload the file, you can fix this by first installing the Disable Real MIME Check plugin. Then go back and re-try the steps above.
2) If you receive failed to import errors similar to the ones below, you can continue setting up your theme. These errors are only dummy content that didn’t import (example posts and pictures) and are not necessary to continue setting up your theme.