What’s a widget? A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function and was originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of a WordPress theme to the customer.
I’ve designed Business Babe with a heap of widget areas for you to have maximum options!
But if you don’t wish to display anything in that particular area, just leave that widget area blank and nothing will appear there.
With that being said, the quickest easiest way to get set up quickly is to import the demo’s widgets!
Set Up The Business Babe Widgets
1. With all your recommended plugins installed, navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New”
2. Search for “Widget Importer & Exporter” and Install and activate the plugin
3. Navigate to “Tools” > “Widget Importer & Exporter” and click “Choose File”
4. Select the file “import-widgets.wie” from within your design kit and press the “Import Widgets” button.
Setup The Slider
An image will not appear in the slideshow unless a featured image is selected. By default the slider displays the featured image of each blog post. Alternatively you can just display the featured image of a couple pages or posts like the demo’s slider.
Image Size* The theme’s slider is full width and as such looks at its best if you use high-res imagery. I recommend 1400 px wide. (With web images it’s about finding the balance between image quality and site speed.)
Set Up Your Slider
1. If you haven’t already, please install the plugin “Genesis – Responsive Slider” and drag the “Genesis – Responsive Slider” widget to the “Slider” widget area.
2. Navigate to “Genesis” > “Slider Settings”
To recreate the demo’s slider, configure the settings like the screenshot below.
Set Up The Footer Widgets
1. Navigate to “Appearance” then “Widgets” and you’ll see there are 3 footer widget areas.
Of course, you can add any available widget to the footer areas that you’d like!
2. To recreate the demo’s menu’s, under “Available Widgets” drag the “Navigation Menu” widget to “Footer 1” , drag “Image” widget to “Footer 2” , drag “Navigation Menu” widget to “Footer 3”
3. Save each widget individually.